Our Investment Criteria:
- Social Enterprise: The Social Venture Fund focuses exclusively on for-profit social enterprises that are committed to positive and measurable social and/or environmental impact. In evaluating potential investments, we employ rigorous social and financial valuation techniques to ensure that companies have the potential to provide a strong blended social and financial return.
- Alignment with Investment Areas: We invest in post-revenue companies responding to critical challenges within Education, Food Systems & Environmental, Health, and Urban Revitalization sectors.
- Investment Amounts and Stage: We invest $20,000 – $60,000 in equity or convertible debt notes as part of larger capital rounds, typically Seed or Series A. Post-investment, year-after-year, we provide our portfolio companies access to resources at the University of Michigan to help them scale quickly and deliver on their social or environmental mission.
- Change Agent Entrepreneurs: We invest in inspiring leaders capable of assembling a world-class management team that shares their passion and commitment to the enterprise’s sustained impact.
- Location: We focus on businesses based in the United States.
Submit all materials to . Your pitch deck should include your company’s:
- Business model
- Traction to date
- Leadership team information including background and relevant expertise
- Description of social/environmental impact including key supporting metrics or research
- Revenue projections and financials
Please reach out to Troy Mertins, Director of Investments, at [email protected] with any questions.
The prompt specifically asks candidates to comment on both their personal and work life, so a brief mention of your professional background and even your career goals is paper writer appropriate.